The Auglaize River Watershed is located in portions of Defiance, Paulding, Putnam, Van Wert, Allen, Auglaize, and Hardin Counties in Ohio, and Allen and Adams Counties in Indiana. The watershed drains into the Maumee River in Defiance County. Over 85% of the watershed has a 2% slope or less.
- Watershed Area - 1,666 square miles
- Empties To - Maumee River in Defiance County.
- Land Use - 80% cropland, 14% urban
- Largest Cities - Defiance, Van Wert, Delphos, Lima, and Wapakoneta
- Watershed Population - 243,129
- Watershed Counties - Ohio - Defiance, Paulding, Putnam, Van Wert, Allen, Auglaize, and Hardin. Indiana - Allen and Adams.
A local group has not been identified for this watershed. If you are part of a local organization working to benefit the Auglaize River, please contact us at email@example.com.
Studies & Reports